Our Property Services expertise is focussed on servicing clients through enhanced financial return on property development. DJG is able to draw upon a highly experienced team of accomplished professionals able to develop strategy and plan and execute complex property projects. Our diversified team of senior professionals has a proven track record of identifying land reuse and development opportunities and enhancing asset value. We specialise in property opportunities with complex issues such as arising from change of use, planning requirements or site contamination. We can analyse different alternatives and assist clients to manage issues through to achieve a successful commercial outcome.
DJG is flexible in the manner in which its services are engaged. It is the ideal partner for corporations and government entities having some land and project development skills in house but where they may require support to assess different options and / or to carry them through the many processes necessary to achieve the successful development/sale outcome desired. Alternatively DJG can assemble the personnel resources to manage projects from inception to completion.
Focus On Results
We understand that at the front end of projects, or when contemplating a prospective deal, there is a need for experienced people to provide quick answers and invariably establish concepts within planning guidelines to help with decision making. When the prospect becomes a reality, DJG can assist with more detailed planning, often involving engagement of a variety of building, real estate and development professionals. Our team would be tailored to the needs of a project, adjusted to complement the capabilities of the client’s own team To allow consideration of options and client preferences to enhance the value of the asset, DJG can provide reliable budgets for various options, with clear explanations of assumptions and risk, and an understanding of the planning and environmental regulations applicable to each site.
We also understand that some clients are looking for creative commercial ideas, and in some cases DJG may be aware of opportunities which clients may appreciate being brought to their attention. It may be that DJG can introduce potential owners, service providers and investors to a project or investment opportunities. Because of our technical, commercial and regulatory background, DJG can offer particular skills in a potential change of use, which may require dealing with a variety of planning, building condition, heritage or environmental issues.
DJG can assist at each of the typical stages in the development process, or stay with the project through the whole process.
DJG’s Property Skills
DJG’s personnel are able to provide strategic, commercial and technical property advice, assisting in all stages of the property lifecycle. Our services include:
- Assessing General Statutory Provisions, Town Planning Scheme Amendments and Re-zonings
- Metropolitan Region Scheme Amendments
- Development Applications and Planning Approvals
- Subdivision Applications
- Town Planning Appeals, Expert Evidence in appeals
- High order strategic advice
- Authority negotiations on infrastructure
- Ministerial advocacy on behalf of client
- Site selection and disposal studies
- Options analysis for alternate sites
- Financial evaluation and net land value considerations, and lender security
- Funding options
- Asset redevelopment options
- Establishment and resolution of regulatory authority requirements
- Strategic land- use master planning
- Financial analysis of development options
- Project governance
Site decontamination and change of use
One of the DJG team’s specialty areas covers projects associated with recovering value from industrially degraded land or from former extractive industry and mining sites. DJG can provide skills and experience gained from working on complex projects throughout Australia and internationally to deliver creative commercial outcomes that contribute to clients’ continued prosperity.
- Site assessment; desktop through to detailed studies
- Representation to local and state authorities
- Remediation (clean up) options development, costing, evaluation of commercial options and project planning
- Remediation implementation, validation
- Post development, site management requirements
Technical Advisory Services
- Pre-acquisition planning, environmental and engineering due diligence
- Project scoping and preparation of client brief
- Strategic property review
- Negotiation of agreements for lease
- Negotiation of site or building acquisition
- Establish “value add” to property opportunities
- Effective project procurement review and implementation
- Project programming
- Management of the delivery of capital works
- Design management on development schemes
- Environmental and engineering due diligence reviews prior to purchase
- Assistance with sale/acquisition negotiations
- Liability assessment using probabilistic cost estimation
- Implementation of findings
DJG’s Commercial Approach
DJG is primarily a fee for service business. However we recognise that client budgets at the front end of development, acquisition or divestment can be limited, so DJG is in the position to offer to work under various forms of remuneration, to assist client cash flow. Depending on the project, we can offer: fixed fees for agreed scopes; payments for agreed milestones; and dependent upon the circumstances , we are willing to discuss, deferred payment, part cash/part equity, joint venture or other arrangements. We work under commercially sound and equitable forms of contract, either DJG’s standard, or for larger projects, client’s standard adapted to the assignment, or an industry standard contract as the case may require.
DJG offers engagement and management of other consultants and contractors either directly or on behalf of the client. Our knowledge of the industry, allows us to select service providers that match the project needs.DJG is willing to consider joint ventures or equity participation in special purpose corporate entities in addition to our involvement as property professionals. Each opportunity is considered on its merits and DJG is willing to respond to such opportunities.